At My Goal Australia among other great providers in the industry play a vital role in supporting people with disability. The people who live in our SIL homes are among the most vulnerable members of the community and they rely on us 24/7 to manage their daily living, especially now given the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The rapid escalation of the Coronavirus is a situation that we have never faced before, and our participants need us now more than ever.
We need to make sure we are doing everything we can to keep people safe and healthy. In order to do this, we are following these guidelines:
- Practicing best-ever hygiene. This includes wearing gloves, avoiding touching our eyes, nose or mouth, and washing our hands correctly.
- At the commencement of each shift, we make sure we are aware of the health of residents in the house, and any precautions we need to take to continue providing support.
- If a participant is not well, we will quickly connect them with a doctor.
- If staff are not well, they do not go to a SIL house and make sure we follow the recommendations of health authorities.
- Where appropriate, we limit the number of visitors entering the home.
- Checking the temperature of the oncoming staff member with an Infrared thermometer.
We continue to expect that all staff within the My Goal Australia community will ensure that they are aware of and comply with the latest Government restrictions.
Have questions about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and your support?
If you or your family member is a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participant, and you have questions about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and your support, you can contact the NDIS Contact Centre on 1800 800 110.
The phoneline is managed by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), which is on hand to provide the latest official information and advice from the Australian Government about NDIS support.
Visitor restrictions in our Supported Independent Living (SIL) program
We are taking all the precautions necessary to protect the health and safety of our staff and every person who trusts us to provide services in Supported Independent Living (SIL) services. We are seeking the support of the communities and partners we work with to please not visit our My Goal Australia properties unless it is essential to service delivery or the wellbeing of the participant.
If your visit is essential, remember to follow the Australian Government’s social distancing advice, such as practicing good hand hygiene, using hand sanitiser, avoiding handshakes and if you feel at all unwell, please do stay at home.
Thank you for your cooperation during these unprecedented times.